Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Are You Swinging The Club Or Hitting The Golf Ball?

Do you Swing The Club or do you Hit The Golf Ball?  This question came up when I viewed a great video on YouTube.  The title caught my attention and was thought provoking.
It is a very good question to ask yourself.  I had to ask myself which one I was doing.  Obviously, we swing the club in order to hit the ball...but what is running through your head when you swing the club.  Are you thinking swing or are you thinking hitting the ball?

I posted the Video on the GolfGym Facebook Page along with tons of information for golfers of all levels.  This month we focus on Warming Up and Stretching.  You can also find the video on YouTube.

I was at a PGA Merchandise Show several years back when Butch Harmon was giving a presentation. He said "The ball should just get in the way of a really good swing" (or something very close to that)...and he offered a free lesson on a sure fire way to gain 10 yards in just 10 seconds..."Move up to the white tees".

But seriously, Butch Harmon was telling us that all you've got to do is swing really well and let the ball get in the way.  I know it sounds easy, but why not give it a try.
GolfGym
LIKE US on Facebook

6 Comments:

Blogger Paducah Lawyer said...

Great video. I've been watching it weekly for about six months.

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like to take the right hand out a lot to remove the "hit" input. I take the club ack with the last three fingers of the left hand with my right hand barely on the grip. VJ's right hand comes off the grip during impact. When I swing it's more left side dominant and I use an aim point about 5 or 6 inches in front of the ball like I'm going after an imaginary ball. That insures I compress the ball. Using the Golf Gym is great for building up that left side to do this.

1:04 PM  
Anonymous rental mobil jakarta said...

Nice article, thanks for the information.

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Jordan J. Caron said...

I like to use the same thought process as putting. I stroke a putt rather than hit it. The same with the full swing.

Good post!

1:47 AM  
Anonymous York Personal Trainer said...

Great article. People tend to think about hitting the ball rather than the swing.

3:49 AM  
Anonymous Golf Simulator said...

Butch harmon is great golfer and i really feed bad of missing his lesson. His advice are really good which help every golfer in improving their game

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home