It's a "Process"
For a very long time many of his fans thought..."Man, this process doesn't seem to be working very well. Heck he can't even make a cut...etc".
Then he played well at the Australian Open and on the Presidents Cup Team. The Chevron World Challenge comes along, and albeit there were a select number of players, he still went on the win the tournament.
My point? His "Process" seems to be working for him. Are you working on a process in your golf game? You can call it a goal or set of goals or a process, but playing golf in itself is a process with a very basic goal...Play Better Than You Did Your Last Round.
We at GolfGym focus on the process of getting your Golf Body prepared for the rigors of the game of golf and how you can improve your performance by improving your golf fitness.
Karen Palacios-Jansen (You've seen her on Golf Channel) just posted a blog with her ideas on setting goals. The following is from her blog:
Attached is a portion of my outline to set goals for your game…to see the entire document, email me at KPJ@swingbladegolf.com.
Cardiogolf Goal Setting for 2012
Define Your Values
Powerful goals are built upon core values.
What is important to you in your golf game and do these goals contribute positively to your life? The following are areas that I would like to improve. What areas of your game or life would you like to improve?
- Golf Fitness (Improving how my body moves and my endurance)
- Golf Swing (Improving and perfecting swing technique and shot-making)
- Golf Scores (Learning to manage my game and to score to the best of my ability)
Say Hello to Your Future Self
Create who you are going to be. Exercise for the body you would like to have. Practice as is you were a low handicap golfer. Act like you already have attained your goals. Ask yourself the following questions:
- What does my ideal body or swing look and feel like?
- What is the quality of my relationships with the team of people who are going to help me with my goals? Are you surrounding yourself with people that will help you reach your goals?
- What am I doing to challenge myself athletically and mentally?
All of us at GolfGym wish all of you a Very Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year.